M. Heitkemper

M. Heitkemper

Monday, April 4, 2011

Book Trailers: Good Promotion Device? Let's Find Out...

Since I first noticed this new strand of book promotion, I’ve been wanting to have a book trailer of my own.  To be honest, I really didn’t believe that I would ever be able to have something that looked professional without dishing out some serious money.  I’ve seen prices for a thirty second video run into the thousands of dollars.  But get this; I now have a book trailer for my novel, Becoming Mortal gods, and I didn’t pay a dime for it!  That’s right, not one red cent!  I managed to run across a guy who offered to make the trailer for the promotion of his business alone.  All he wanted was to put his logo at the end of the trailer.  I can’t believe how my luck has been running on this project!  I sincerely believe that success is just around the corner.  Oh, in case anyone is interested, here’s a link to the trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al7SVMCHNpM&feature=player_embedded
Post your comments if you like.  Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. This is the first book trailer I've watched, having skimmed over dozens so far. There's definitely a certain intrigue to it . . . but I'm kinda the grandmotherly sort where it comes to new technologies and newfangled things (*g*), so I'll be curious to hear if you notice sales directly correlated to the trailer!

    I can only begin to imagine how fabulous it would feel to watch that having created the story behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool trailer! It's good to know you didn't have to pay to have one created. My book won't be out until early next year and I've wondered about trailers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you the Creative Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    I invite you to follow me as we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!

    My blog specialize in helping writers get published by learning from agents, editors and authors who I interview.
    Tomorrow, I am having a literary agent on my blog as a special guest. She has some great tips for authors.

    Take care and have a nice day :-)
    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete